Friday, April 27, 2012

A healthy Basset is a happy Basset

Today's post is a food post. I love food. I love the taste, smell, and sometimes, appearance of food. That being said, I dislike cooking. I like baking, but as I am attempting to eat better to help my weight loss goals, I have put baking on the back burner. Enter the EASIEST meal ever. It tastes amazing!

Chicken Caesar salad with a twist

Ingredients:
Skinless boneless chicken breast (at least 1/2 per person)
Lettuce/Spinach
Tony Chachere's original Creole seasoning
Low fat Caesar dressing (compare the nutritional information among those in the aisle and pick the best one)
Croutons (optional, again, compare the nutritional information)
Mozzarella (optional)

Equipment needed:
Grill (I use my 2 person George Forman's grill)
Colander
Cheese grater

First, plug in the grill and allow it to heat up for about 7 minutes. While this is being done, rinse the chicken breast and remove any fat. Then, sprinkle the chicken with Tony's seasoning. The amount is up to you. If you have never had it before, tread lightly and just sprinkle. I like to put a good deal on as I put it in everything. 

After the grill has heated up, place the chicken in it and grill for at least 6 minutes, until it is cooked all the way through and there is no pink in the middle. 

While the chicken is grilling, rinse the lettuce or spinach in a colander and arrange on plates. Add croutons if desired. 

When the chicken is done (remember, no pink in the middle) take it off of the grill and cut into strips or bite sized cubes. As I try to reduce the amount of dishes that I use, I cut it on one plate while all of the greens are on another one and then switch them out for half and half.

After the chicken is cut, place on top of the greens and add the desired amount of croutons (watch the serving amount!) and grate Mozzarella on top. 

Dressing can be added on top of everything or put into a side container to dip forkfuls in. 


I forgot to take a picture before I ate most of it and GG's was completely gone :D hehe

This salad is bursting with flavor due to the Tony's seasoning and the combination of ingredients never sits heavy on the stomach. 

No comments:

Post a Comment