|3 inch hoop|
They will be a collection of 3 and 6 inch hoops, with different nature scenes constructed from buttons and various thread. My focus will be on the buttons and I will be trying not to use thread as anything but accents.
Below is wordy and not craft related, just fyi :)
Today, after I got home from a taxing time at physical therapy, I read a touching post by Oh the lovely things. She lists several things about herself, many of which I identify with. So here goes my attempt, as my reason for this blog is to share all parts of my life, not just the crafting ones.
1. I am afraid of failure to the point that I cause it just to be able to say that it is intentional. Self sabotage has been the name of my game for several years now, with anywhere from skipping out on attending meetings so that my results won't be called into question to stubbornly refusing to study for extremely important tests, not the least is one for promotion.
2. I dig up the pasts of others and judge them for it. Some people may change, some may not, but I feel that the past is an indicator and sadly have allowed it to affect my relationships. I am working towards being able to forget the pasts of others.
3. I am so unhappy sometimes that I attempt to make up for it with volunteering. The problem is that sometimes, in the course of animal rescue, the dog or cat is euthanized while you are attempting to save it and it opens the floodgates of feeling inadequate. A life is lost and I feel that is my duty to mourn it since in my mind, I failed it.
4. I have been diagnosed with a condition in my knee that means that I may never be without pain. Main days, bending or straightening it causes extreme pain but I am forced to act as if it doesn't to be able to mend my ankle. I frequently get depressed about this small deficiency and am ashamed of that fact.
5. I am afraid that I'll never be in a lifelong happy relationship with a committed spouse.
6. I get nervous to the point of small panic attacks but I won't go and get it diagnosed as the idea makes me nervous enough to have a panic attack. It's slightly funny when it's not happening.
7. My sense of humor is frequently off putting to other people. It makes the amount of true friends few and far between.
8. I cry when I strongly experience any emotion, including anger.
1. I let the house get messy because I like the feeling of organizing things. My mom always teased me for it but I like organizing items into piles and then putting them away. GG hates it :)
2. More times than naught, I feel a burst of pride when I put on my uniform to go to work.
3. Seeing a dog smile always makes me smile.
4. I drink certain energy drinks for their taste alone and sometimes I actually dislike that they have caffeine.
5. I like ordering different hand made soaps and trying out different artisans.
6. I am attempting to not get addicted to Diamond Candles, but I've already ordered my second one (the green apple one smells great!).
7. I like people watching.
8. If it is a choice between chocolate and another flavor, chocolate is the eternal winner.
Last but not least, I alluded to a new family member so I present to you Lil' Bit Kabir Butters!!!
This sweet guy is estimated to be at least 11 years old, is blind in one eye, is partially lame due to knee problems, has very few teeth left, and bless his little soul loves to mark everything that he can. The first day that we had him was spent correcting this behavior inside and watching him mark the entire backyard twice (took a few hours each time).
We have decided to belly band him while we're training that little habit out but love his stinky butt to death already. He is such a grumpy old man that the first few days were filled with snarls and attempts at biting but he has now settled down and only gets grouchy when it's late at night.
More on him later as I am just in love with this little old senior. Poor guy had a hard life with a hoarder but GG and I are happy that we can give him a retirement home filled with love and happiness.
Last but not least, Addie's sad face about the fact that three begging dogs STILL doesn't get them table scraps.